Enkamat ASV 7010- Bonar Roof Underlayment
Enkamat ASV will: • Reduce heat gain • Reduce noise • Reduce mold & mildew • Reduce water damage • Extend the lifespan of your roof • Contribute LEED points
- Enkamat 7010 is a three-dimensional multi-use mat, made of continuous nylon filaments fused at their intersections.
- It can be used in metal and ballasted roofing applications where spacing of the roof will provide the ventilation and drainage needed for a long service life.
- The nylon filaments do not fail under the load of the roof and the rigors of the construction environment, including construction foot traffic.
- The space between the roof membrane/weather barrier underlayment and the ballast/ metal roof will allow moisture to flow away or evaporate.
- It is required under zinc roofs to prevent white rust caused by condensation on the underside of the roof.
- The use of Enkamat 7010 as a thermal break creates a temperature difference of up to 22° F between the roof surface & the sheathing or substrate.
- The entangled filament structure also reduces impact noise from rain or sleet by 9.5 to 13.5 dB compared with a metal roof directly on the weather barrier.
- When combined with thermal insulation and a ceiling system noise levels are reduced up to 21 dB. MORE
Is roofing underlayment required for shingles?
Roofing underlayment is definately recommended for use as an underlayment.
Can roofing underlayment reduce rooftop temperatures?
Yes Enkamat ASV reduced the rooftop temperature 22-43 degrees centagrate at the University of West Oahu and extends the life of its zinc roofs.
Zinc Roofs CORROSION ON CAMPUS
Zinc roofs on five buildings at the University of West Oahu in Hawaii were corroding, and unlikely to last their 100-year design lifespan. The university sought a roof system with ventilation to reduce the condensation that gets trapped behind the zinc panels, speeding up corrosion. It also needed to cut cooling costs.
Our Enkamat ASV 7010 material is ideal for zinc roofs, because it prevents white rust caused by condensation. And by creating an airspace of less than ¾ of an inch, it lowers the roof temperature from between 22°C and 43°C. The three-dimensional nylon matrix structure is made from fused, entangled filaments – with 95% open matting. This provides continuous air and water flow, so there is less chance of damage caused by corrosion, rot, mould and mildew.
Enkamat ASV Questions?
By Phone Toll Free In the U.S. 866 597 9298
By Phone directly: 760 597 9298