Temporary Dust Partitions and Plant Divider Curtains
Segregate Dust and Debris with Temporary Dust Partitions
Fire retardant and non-fire retadant lightweight material for your customization. Griffolyn® materials are also ideal as plant divider curtains. Our partitions and curtains are available in fire-retardant constructions and customized for any job. Great for plant modifications, security curtains or segregating operations.
It is specifically engineered to provide high strength and durability in a lightweight material.
- Many stock sizes for immediate shipment
- Custom covers can be manufactured to meet your exact requirements in 10 days or less
- Custom fabrication includes reinforced grommets, rope in hem, zipper doors or a variety of other options
Griffolyn Type-90 FR - made with 2 layers of white film and one layer of black film with 2 layers of reinforcement.
Griffolyn T-1200 FR - a 3-ply laminate combining two layers of linear low density polyethylene and a high-strength cord grid.
Griffolyn Type-55 FR-3 ply flexible and light weight
Griffolyn Type-55 ASFR- a 3-ply laminate combining two layers of antistatic fire retardant, linear low density polyethylene film and a high-strength cord grid.
So how do you decide between Griffolyn T-1200FR and Griffolyn Type 55FR?
Here is what our friend Chat GPT had to say...
"What factors determine which product you should use to segregate dust and debris for temporary dust partitions? Would Griffolyn T-1200FR or Griffolyn Type 55 FR be better?
When selecting a product to segregate dust and debris for a temporary dust partition, there are several factors to consider. These include:
- Material properties: The material should be fire-resistant, durable, tear-resistant, and have good tensile strength to withstand the rigors of construction and demolition activities.
- Size and weight: The size and weight of the material should be suitable for the specific application. For example, if the partition is in a high traffic area, a heavier material may be necessary.
- Ease of installation: The material should be easy to install and remove without causing damage to the surrounding area.
- Cost: The cost of the material should be reasonable and within the project budget.
Based on these factors, both Griffolyn T-1200FR and Griffolyn Type 55 FR are suitable for use as temporary dust partitions. Griffolyn T-1200FR is a thicker and heavier material, with a weight of 12.5 oz/sq.yd and a thickness of 12 mils. It has excellent tear strength and puncture resistance, making it a durable option for high traffic areas. Griffolyn Type 55 FR, on the other hand, is a lighter material, with a weight of 5.5 oz/sq.yd and a thickness of 6 mils. It is more flexible than Griffolyn T-1200FR, which allows it to conform to uneven surfaces and contours.
If fire resistance is a priority, both materials are available with fire-retardant additives. Griffolyn Type 55 FR is classified as a Class A flame spread product, while Griffolyn T-1200FR is classified as a Class A or Class B flame spread product, depending on the specific formulation.
In summary, the choice between Griffolyn T-1200FR and Griffolyn Type 55 FR depends on the specific requirements of the application. Griffolyn T-1200FR is a thicker and heavier material, with excellent tear strength and puncture resistance, making it suitable for high traffic areas. Griffolyn Type 55 FR is a lighter and more flexible material, making it suitable for uneven surfaces and contours. Both materials are available with fire-retardant additives if fire resistance is a priority."