Rubber Butyl Seal Tape: Waterproof, Double Sided Tape! 1.5" x 100'
Butyl Seal Tape is waterproof, permanently flexible, never ages, or dries out
What makes this tape so special is the fact that it has a grid like reinforcement unlike most butyl tapes that we know of on the market! Without reinforcement, the tapes stretch, often falling down from the surface of they did not bond well enough initially. Then people try to put it back where it belongs, and get it stuck all over their hands. They end up with a very sticky gooey mess- once aptly described as like getting bubble gum stuck all over your hands. Don't drill though it either! It will wrap around your drill bit!
- Double Sided
- Permanently flexible
- Reinforced-Because of the reinforcement, the Butyl Tape is much easier to work with. It does not stretch!
Butly Seal Tape Sticks To:
- Most everything except red brick
Butyl seal is a double-sided aggressive reinforced black butyl rubber tape. Black Butyl Rubber Sealing Tape used to join panels of polypropylene and polyethylene together. The edges must be overlapped and the Butyl Seal placed in-between the two. It is also used to adhere to concrete walls and footings when properly prepared. Butyl Seal is non-hardening and flexible.
Available in a 1.5" x 100' rolls.
Installation For Butyl Seal Tape...
- The surface to be taped should be clean and dry. The tape will not adhere if the surfaces are not properly prepared.
- Dirty or wet surfaces should be completely cleaned with water, paper towels, dry rags or other materials which will prepare the surface for the tape.
- Accumulations of dust should also be removed to insure a secure seam.
- The product obtains optimum adhesion when the surfaces to be bonded are warm. The surfaces should be above 50-60°F to insure an acceptable bond. In order to obtain a bond at lower temperatures, external heat may be required.
- The use of an industrial style hot air blower is one recommended method.
- Extra care should be taken when attempting to install tape at temperatures below 32°F.
Butly Seal Tape Questions? Don't be stuck!
Contact Your Plastic Sheeting Friends at:
By Phone Toll Free In the U.S. 866 597 9298
By Phone directly: 760 597 9298
By Fax: 760 597 9574