Crawl Space Vapor Barrier/ Heavy Duty Crawl Space Encapsulation- What is Best for you?
Crawl space vapor barriers play an important role in:
Reducing and Retarding moisture migration
Retarding certain gases that come up through the earth.
Guarding against mold and mildew and terrible smells
What's the best liner for you? It depends on the ground you are covering, and whether there is radon in your area. Will the crawl space liner be laying on top of sharp rocks? Some liners are stronger and more heavy duty than others. The stronger thicker liners are better suited for sharp rocky floors. Make sure that each liner below has been tested to the ASTM E 1745. This test says that the materials shall be subject to tests for water vapor permeance, tensile strength, and puncture resistance. Class A is the strongest liner. Lining a basement or crawl space is not fun. It's best to get it right the first time.
Please note our liners do not have any fragrance. They do not off-gas or have any odors. Please click on each product to learn more about it.
- Ultra Scrim Crawl Space Vapor Barrier: String reinforced Crawl Space Liners
- Enkavent 6128- Radon Control
- Crawlspace 2000 : A white 20 mil string reinforced liner
- Sentinel XS Radon Barrier: 5 strong layers of engineered plastic to block radon- please call
- Crawlspace 1800: 18 mil Crawl Space liner- string reinforced polyethylene
- Poly Scrim 12 Antimicrobial: 12 mil liner
- Ultra Perm Tape: Exceptionally aggressive all weather tape
- Butyl Seal Tape-Double Sided Tape Used to attach the plastic to the foundation walls of the crawl space.
- Vapor Seaming Tape Used to seam the vapor barrier plastic together in the crawl space. Minimum overlap of 6 inches.
- Vapor Block Plus Tape To be used with VaporBlock Plus 20
- CLICK here to see a comparison chart of some of the liners listed here.
- Click here to see some commonly asked questions about crawlspace encapsulation, doing it yourself, and more.